Topics Map > IT Operations > Service Desk
Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > Networking
Consolidated page for information about connecting to eduroam.
First Time Connection
Please refer to device-specific instructions for connecting to eduroam for the first time. Remember that the username is your "firstname.lastname@example.org", and the password is your UMD password.
In general, we recommend "Forgetting" the network on the device having issues, then re-adding it. For most systems, you can follow instructions provided by DivIT. For systems not included in DivIT's article, you may reference items below. If these steps don't work for you, contact email@example.com or call x51634.
- Click on the wireless icon in the top right corner of the screen. Then click on the tool icon to open settings.
- You should now have Wi-Fi settings open. Click on the gear icon on the network that you wish to remove.
- A small window should pop up, and automatically be showing the Details tab. Click on the red "Forget Connection" button.
- The network has now been removed.
These instructions may vary slightly depending on the version of ChromeOS your computer is running.
- Click on the clock in the bottom right corner of the login screen.
- Click on Settings and Network.
- Click on WiFi, and select Known networks.
- Click on a network you want to forget, select the three dot menu icon and select Forget.