Faculty/Staff - Help and Support
Items for help and support for faculty and staff
- EIT Service Desk - Contact us at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) or call 301-405-1634 if you need help in the computer labs.
- EIT Knowledge Base
- Computer Lab Lost and Found
- 0123 Glenn L. Martin Hall: For items lost in Martin Hall computer labs, go to the EIT Helpdesk in 0123 Martin Hall.
- 2125 J.M. Patterson Building: For items lost in J.M. Patterson computer labs, go to EIT Reception Desk in 2125 J.M. Patterson Building.
- You may also check with the Campus Police Dept's online lost and found.
- Wireless access is available to students, faculty, staff, and guests.
Computing & Software Resources
- Zoom - Web conferencing software that provides two-way audio and video communication, interactive whiteboard, desktop and application sharing, chat, breakout rooms, and more.
- Canvas (ELMS) - Many courses use this Learning Management System to post course materials and/or assignments, grades, etc.
- For help with Canvas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
- Software - A useful listing of Engineering software that includes information on permitted usage and how to obtain.
- HPC Initial Allocation Request - request an initial start-up allocation on HPC (High-Performance Cluster).
- National Instruments Academic Site License for University of Maryland's Faculty and Staff is now available for teaching and research.
- TerpDrives via Kumo - Integrated cloud storage including: Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive providing on-the-go access to your ﬁles from campus computers and apps. See TerpDrives for more information. Download available to faculty and staff. Computer must be a member of Campus Active Directory.
- TERPware - Software for Faculty and Staff. You can download many software packages for free. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and MatLAB are just a few of the applications available.
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN) at UMCP - VPN information and free downloads for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Services & Resources
- ClarkNet - Administrative web portal for faculty and staff in the Clark School of Engineering
- Clark School themed Wordpress templates with the UMD banner, school logo and colors for the UMD Wordpress web hosting platform.
- CrashPlan Proe: Backup is an automated desktop backup solution available to the faculty and staff of the Clark School of Engineering and the College of Mathematics and Natural Science.
- Departmental IT Contacts - Contacts for Information Technology personnel within departments at the Clark School of Engineering.
- EIT Business Office
- LinkedIn Learning - Free training materials for UMD.
- Training - Register for on-campus training, or access the SkillSoft Web-based Training.
- UMD Gmail Login - The University of Maryland is moving from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps for Education. This suite of applications includes Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more. We recommend Google Chrome for use with your Google Apps account. For more information, see the Google Apps FAQ.
- UM Faculty/Staff Directory