Engineering IT AV Support - Details & Limitations
The Engineering IT Service Desk offers basic conference room setup and support for Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics buildings (detailed below).
- Demonstrate the operation of the equipment prior to the meeting.
- Available at the beginning of a meeting or conference to help ensure a smooth start.
- Provide as needed support if there are issues. Call us at 301-405-1634.
- Escalate major issues to the appropriate Engineering AV or Facilities team as necessary.
- Scheduling for most Engineering spaces can be found at ClarkNet or Booked
- We are not staffed to sit in for entire meetings or conferences. If you run into issues after a meeting begins, call us at 301-405-1634. We will make every effort to arrive in under ten minutes, depending on the location of the meeting.
- Some rooms are equipped with a variety of video adapters for laptops, however if you are unsure, please bring your own or plan ahead by opening a ticket with the Service Desk two days prior to your meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org; we may have limited availability for adapter checkouts.
- If you need support beyond what we can provide (special audio or video setups, someone to be there to adjust audio levels throughout the meeting, etc.), UMD has a good relationship with Metro Tech (contact information below) which can provide additional services for a fee.
- Jeremy Broadhurst (email@example.com)
We provide support for audio visual setup and trouble shooting for conference rooms in the following buildings.
- Atlantic - Limited areas (ATL)
- A.V. Williams (AVW)
- Chemical & Nuclear Engineering (CHE)
- Clark Hall (AJC)
- Computer Science Instructional Center - 4th floor only (CSI)
- Engineering Annex (EAB)
- Engineering Lab Building (EGL)
- Engineering Building (Martin Hall - EGR)
- Engineering Research Facility (ERF)
- Idea Factory (EAF)
- JM Patterson (JMP)
- Kim Engineering Building (KEB)
- Martin Hall (EGR)
- Math Building (MTH)
- Physical Sciences Complex (PSC)
- Physics (PHY)