Meeting Owl Setup and Usage Instructions
"Owl Cameras" are a new 360-degree camera hardware purchased throughout some of Engineering, particularly for the Dean's Office, for use in conference rooms.
Basic Use by Meeting Attendees
- Connect Meeting Owl to power and USB plug underneath
- Plug USB into the device that will be running the meeting program (Zoom or WebEx)
- In your meeting program (Zoom or WebEx), go to Settings and set your Video or Camera input to the Meeting Owl.
- It may take a few moments, but it will follow the speaker or speakers if they move around the room based on sound.
- The Mute, Volume + / Volume -, and Option (above the power and USB ports) buttons are on the base of the Owl.
- The Option button "toggles the Speaker Spotlight animation.By default, the animation that is used to highlight active speaker is smart combination of slide animations and straight cuts. You can change this animation to be a straight cut view all the time by pressing and holding the Owl button located on the base of the Owl until you hear a tone, approximately 2 seconds. When this animation is selected, the light above the Owl button will illuminate blue."
You can gain more control over the Meeting Owl's focus using the Meeting Owl App on your phone.
- Get the Meeting Owl App: Android | iPhone
- In the App, click on Find nearby Owl
- Choose the appropriate Meeting Owl - it will blink its eyes at you.
Camera Lock and Zoom
Camera Lock and Zoom will let you manually control the Owl from your phone.
|On Phone:||On Meeting Program:|
Toggle this option to turn on or off whether the Owl follows the speaker around while they move.
Toggle this option to turn on or off the 360-degree panorama at the top of the Meeting video.
Adding a Secondary Owl
To add a second Meeting Owl, please contact EIT Help at email@example.com or call 301-405-3689.