Windows 10 - Map network drive
Map a network drive to get to it from File Explorer in Windows without having to look for it or type its network address each time.
If you are off campus or on campus WiFi, make sure you are connected to the VPN.
1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E.
2. Select This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select Map network drive.
3. In the Drive list, select a drive letter. (Any available letter will do.)
4. In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box.
5. Select Finish.
6. You may be prompted for your username and password depending upon the situation. Your username would be your email address (username>@umd.edu) and your password is your campus password.
Note: If you can't connect to a network drive or folder you might not have the correct permissions. Please email the service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org