Topics Map > IT Operations > Software and Licensing
Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > Desktop Support
Microsoft Product Activation
Microsoft products using the Enterprise license agreement require check-in to the campus network at least once every 180 days. Primarily this impacts the institutional copy of Windows and Office. These products should only be installed on equipment owned by the University. This article only applies to such cases.
You may need this article if you see an indicator such as this on your Windows 10 desktop:
First: Connect to the Campus NetworkYou can do this one of 3 ways:
- Go to campus and connect to a network to which you've been given access. This could be via an ethernet or wireless connection.
- Simulate being on campus using the UMD group on the Cisco VPN.
- Simulate being on campus using the Pulse Secure client.
Second: Re-activate the Software
- Go to your search bar and type the search term "activation" there.
- Open "Activation Settings" that shows up in the search.
- Select "Active" that shows on this window.
- This should complete the activation process.
- Close any open Microsoft products.
- Now open one of the affected products again.
- The activation warning should be gone.