Topics Map > IT Operations > Service Desk
Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > Teaching Resources
Remote Support and Teaching Resources
This page is a summary of resources and links to help meet your needs for teaching and working remotely.
Both DivIT and EIT Operations have a variety of digital services available to provide online teaching and remote support tools.
- Instruction: keepteaching.umd.edu is a resource built to provide you with guidance, strategies, and resources for making a swift change to your course delivery method and leveraging the appropriate technology to keep your course running.
- Teleworking: keepworking.umd.edu is a resource put together by DivIT with information on working remotely, the most relevant of which we've relayed below for those units supported by EIT Operations.
- Google Hangouts: hangouts.google.com can be used to chat with any other member of the UMD community. The gchat feature of Gmail is also commonly used for text communication.
- Zoom: umd.zoom.us is new for UMD and can be used to give live lectures and record for students to view later. It's also a great video conferencing solution. Zoom is integrated into Canvas (below) for easier recording and distribution of course lectures.
- ELMS (Canvas): elms.umd.edu is the recommended place to go for posting class information, communication with students, and continuing instruction during this time.
Engineering IT Resources
- Remote support: rhelp.umd.edu is our virtual service desk during this time. Please visit us at this web site to do "walk in" meetings with us or scheduled remote support sessions.
- Phone support: You can still reach our Service Desks at the usual phone numbers:
- EGR 0123 - 301-405-1634
- AVW 1449 - 301-405-3689
- Teleworking and remote desktop: Our VPN and remote work solutions can be found here. Please join us for a remote support session if you have any trouble connecting.