Cisco Jabber, Finesse, & My E911
Campus IT has implemented solutions for receiving calls from, and making calls to, your campus extension using a program on your computer or an app on your cell phone.
Cisco Jabber: Cisco Jabber is a program offered by DivIT that can be configured to make and receive calls to and from your campus extension using a program on your computer/cell phone. To get Jabber configured:
- Please fill out the Cisco Jabber Request Form for Engineering so that the relevant administrator can forward your request details to DivIT. This includes requests for call center numbers.
- Once it is configured for your extension, download and install a program called My E911 from TerpWare, that is required for Jabber to work.
- Then, download and install Cisco Jabber from TerpWare.
- Ensure you are running the Cisco AnyConnect VPN before logging into Jabber.
- Additional details on using Jabber are listed at IT Support's Knowledge Base.
- If you're using a Chromebook, you can still use Cisco Jabber from the Play Store and My E911 for Mobile.