Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > E-mail
Gmail - iPhone/iPad - Adding UMD Account via Apple Mail
These directions walk through how to complete an Apple Mail setup on a mobile Apple device such as an iPhone.
- Open "Settings" on the device.
- Scroll down to "Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap "Add Account."
- Select the option for "Google" from the list.
- Enter your UMD Gmail address in the e-mail field.
- You will be redirected to CAS. Enter your directory ID and password.
- Complete your multi-factor authentication step. The image below shows a situation in which the mobile device being used for Mail is also the Duo MFA device.
- Select which data you would like to sync from your account for your Apple mobile device.
- Open the Apple Mail app on your device to access your mail.
Optional steps to label your account with a different name:
- In “Settings”, tap on “Passwords & Accounts” again.
- Select the account you would like to modify the display name of. In this particular case, it would be the one labeled "Gmail" that you just created.
- You can change the “Description” to something else like “UMD Gmail.”