Creating a System Environment Variable
Some programs require adding a System Environment Variable, often for licensing.You must have administrator privileges on your Windows computer to add or modify a System Variable using the steps below.
To create or Modify Environment Variables in Windows:
- On the Windows taskbar, click on the magnifying glass and search for "System Environment Variables".
- Click on "Edit the system environment variables", then "Environment variables..." in the bottom right corner.
- To edit an existing System variable, under "System variables", click on the desired variable, and click "Edit...".
- To create a new System variable, under "System variables", click "New...".
- Fill in or replace the "Variable name" and "Variable value" fields, as provided to you.
- Click "OK", then "OK", then "OK".
- If the change isn't reflected right away, sign out of your computer and sign back in.