Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > Google Suite
Integrate Zoom with Google Calendar
How to integrate Zoom with Google Calendar so you can create a meeting in Google Calendar and select Zoom as an option. This will automatically create a Zoom meeting and update it if the Google Calendar event is updated.
The link below provides the integration of Google Calendar with Zoom. This must be installed first.
To use the integration, use the steps below.
Sign in to the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on (not required on an ongoing basis)
- Use a web browser to sign in to Gmail or Google Calendar.
- In the right-side panel, click the Zoom for Google Workspace icon.
- If prompted, click Authorize Access and follow the on-screen instructions to allow Zoom to access your Google account.
- Click Sign in and follow the on-screen instructions.
Schedule a meeting from Google Calendar
- Use a web browser to sign in to Google Calendar.
- Click Create or click a time slot on the calendar for your meeting.
- Enter your meeting details, such as the title, location, and guest list.
- Click More options.
- Only changes to the topic, date, time, and time zone will sync to the meeting in the Zoom web portal and client/app. All other meeting details will only apply to the Google Calendar event.
- When you assign scheduling privileges to other users in the Zoom web portal, you can choose if these users can manage your meetings that are marked as private in Outlook or Google Calendar. If the users cannot manage private events, they cannot see the invite link, meeting topic, or attendee list.
- In the Add video conferencing drop-down menu, select Zoom Meeting.
Google Calendar will add the join options for the Zoom meeting.
- (Optional) In the right-side panel, click the Zoom for Google Workspace icon and change meeting settings as needed, such as enabling join before host.
- Click Save.
Note: The meeting settings are applied based on your account settings. You can edit the meeting settings for a scheduled meeting.