Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > Desktop Support
Running Full Bomgar Remote Support Client from Ubuntu
Ubuntu users must follow several additional steps in order to run the full Remote Support client after starting a Bomgar remote support session from rhelp.umd.edu. In order to run the full Remote Support client from Ubuntu, the user must grant permission for the downloaded file to execute as a program.
- After saving the client to the Downloads folder, right-click on the bomgar-scc-[long string of characters].desktop file, then click "Properties".
- Click on the "Permissions" tab, then check the checkbox next to "Execute" in order to Allow executing file as program.
- Open Terminal, then type "sh " (without quotes) and drag the file to the Terminal window, then press Enter. The full command will look similar to this image.
- Once the executable runs, this image will appear on the screen as the full session begins.
- Click "Allow" to enable the technician to view and control your computer.