Topics Map > IT Operations
Topics Map > Instructional Technology
Find MAC Address
Instructions for locating a computer's MAC address on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Open the command prompt by searching for "cmd" and hit enter.
- In the command prompt, type "getmac /v /fo list" and hit enter.
- The Physical Address of the Local Area Connection or Ethernet is the MAC address.
- Go to your Settings and search for "network" and select the Ethernet port or the USB adapter (if you're using one)
- Click on "details" next to the connected network adapter
- The address is the string next to the label "MAC Address"
- In a terminal, type "ifconfig /all" and hit enter.
- Under "eth0" (or your active ethernet device connection), the "Hardware address" is the MAC address.