Hosting Zoom Meetings with External Collaborators
Meeting Level changes are best done via the Zoom Desktop Application. If you have not yet downloaded the Desktop Client, you can do so from https://umd.zoom.us.
- Start by opening the Zoom Desktop Application so you are on the default landing screen.
- If you are scheduling a new meeting select “Schedule” and choose your topic, date, time, and other meeting options as you normally would then select “Advanced Options”.
- Check the “Enable Waiting Room” option.
- Un-check the “Only authenticated users can join”.
- All other selections are at the host's discretion. Select “Schedule”.
- If you want to update these settings for an existing meeting, then at the default landing screen select “Meetings” from the navigation bar located at the top of the screen. Find the meeting you wish to update. Select it, then select “Edit”, and follow the same operations for a new meeting from above.