Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies > E-mail
Gmail - iPhone/iPad - Adding UMD Account via Gmail App
These directions walk through how to complete a Gmail app setup on a mobile Apple device such as an iPhone.
- Download the Gmail app from the App Store.
- Open the Gmail app and select "Sign in."
- Select "Add Account."
- Select "Google" from the options listed.
- Tap "Continue" to be redirected for sign in.
- Enter your account name (<username>@umd.edu) and hit "next."
- You will be redirected to CAS. Enter your directory ID and password.
- Complete your multi-factor authentication step. The image below shows a situation in which the mobile device being used for Mail is also the Duo MFA device.
- Select "Done" in the top left corner.
- Tap "Allow" if you'd like to receive notifications about new e-mails. You can adjust this later in settings if you would like.
- Select "Next."
- Then "OK."
- You will now see your inbox.