The EIT Service Desk offers laptops for temporary use by Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students in our Units.
We have a number of laptops available for both short-term (3 days to 1 week) and long-term (2-4 weeks) use. All loaner laptops owned by the Service Desk MUST be returned to the Service Desk in a timely manner. The majority of our loaner laptops are Windows 10, though we have a limited number of Mac and Chromebook loaners occasionally available.
If you need a laptop for work or work from home, please contact your department about ordering one for you.
Short-Term Loaners - 3 days to 1 week
Long-Term Loaners - 2-4 weeks
- Typically for visitors to the University or short domestic travel for work events.
- Standard local account
- Data is not stored locally, and is wiped after logout, due to security concerns.
- Typically for use while either waiting on your own laptop repair, or waiting for your new laptop to arrive.
- Campus Active Directory account
- Limited administrative access
- Data is wiped after return to the Service Desk
All loaners come with the following stored in the loaner backpack:
These policies are subject to change; please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com for questions!
- Ethernet cable