Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies
WebEx - Hosting a Meeting from an iOS device
Below are brief instructions for hosting a UMD WebEx meeting from an iOS device. Steps will be similar for Android devices.
For instructions on Hosting a WebEx meeting on a computer, see WebEx - Hosting a Meeting.
1. Download the Cisco Webex Meetings app from the App Store, open the app, then click Accept.
2. Click "Sign In."
3. Enter your UMD email address and click "Next."
4. Select umd.webex.com
5. Log in with CAS.
6. Tap the screen, then Click "OK" to allow Microphone Access.
7. Click the plus icon in the top right corner to schedule a meeting.
8. Choose a Title, Start time, and Duration, or use the defaults. Add invitees (below), then click "Start."
Add Invitees by entering their UMD email addresses, then click "Done."
9. Click "Use Internet for audio" to select an audio source.
10. Click "Use Internet for audio" if your device is connected to Wi-Fi, or Click "Call In" to connect via a phone call.
11. Unmute your microphone by clicking on the red microphone button on the left, then click "Start".
You can also unmute your video camera by clicking on the red camera button between the microphone and "Start" buttons.
12. Participants can join the meeting via the WebEx app or website using the "Meeting Number" listed in the middle of the screen.
To obtain the phone number that participants can use to "Call In," click the "..." button at the bottom of the screen, then continue to step 13.
13. To obtain the phone number that participants can use to "Call In," click the "Info" button, then continue to step 14.
14. To obtain the phone number that participants can use to "Call In," click the "Audio" button, then continue to step 15.
15. Participants can "Call In" using either Toll Free phone number, then entering the "Access code" (which is the same as the "Meeting Number" from the previous screen).
16. Click the back arrow at the top left corner of the screen to return to the main meeting screen.
17. To End the Meeting, click the red "X" button at the bottom of the screen, then click "End Meeting."