Topics Map > IT Operations > Customer Support and Policies
WebEx - Hosting a Meeting
Below are brief instructions for accessing UMD WebEx.
For more details from WebEx support, including videos, visit: https://www.webex.com/support/getting-started.html#WM
Only the person hosting the WebEx meeting must have a WebEx account. Anyone else can access with a link.
- Access WebEx at https://umd.webex.com. We recommend using Google Chrome but any browser should work.
- It is a good idea to encourage attendees to make sure their computer is ready for WebEx by visiting https://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html prior to their first WebEx meeting.
- Click on "Meeting Center" to host an interactive meeting.
- Click on "Host a Meeting" which will bring up the UMD Central Authentication Service login.
- After logging in, you will be presented with the following screen.
- You can choose to enter your personal meeting room or you can choose to schedule a meeting.
- The URL for your personal meeting room doesn't change. This can be very useful but sometimes you want a more professional looking URL for your meeting. This can be done under "Schedule a Meeting" (see Step 10).
- If you select to enter your personal room, you will see the following screen after downloading and installing the WebEx applet/extension.
- Click on "Call Using Computer" or click on the three dots below that to connect via telephone.
- Start the video by clicking on the video camera icon to the right of your name.
- To share an application, click on the "Share Application" button. To share your entire screen, click on the three dots under "Share Application".
- Invite others via email by clicking the "Invite & Remind" button.
- If you wish to record meetings, press the "Record" button. Meeting recordings are stored by WebEx and you will receive an email after your meeting is over when your recording is available.
- If you want to schedule a meeting rather than using your personal meeting room, click "Schedule a Meeting". The following screen will appear.
- Fill in the fields and anyone you invite will receive an email with a link.
- When the time for your meeting arrives, you can either click on the link in the email reminder you will receive or you can go to https://umd.webex.com, click on "Meeting Center", click on "My Meetings", and click "Start" by the appropriate meeting.